Interested in joining the TAPAS development team? The Brown University Library and the TAPAS Project are seeking a developer to lead the technical implementation of the TAPAS service. Working with other members of the Brown Digital Repository development team, the developer will install and customize an instance of Islandora (Drupal and Fedora), and will develop functionality for publishing, describing, analyzing, visualizing, and sharing scholarly texts. The developer will collaborate with Brown systems and development staff, staff at Wheaton College, and other TAPAS participants, to create, refine, and implement ideas for building the service, and will work with those groups to test and roll out new web applications. Additionally, the developer will customize Drupal and the underlying Fedora repository to enable a broad set of interactions to support the publication of encoded texts, and will develop an API to provide programmatic access to TAPAS data. Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- 2-5 years of demonstrated experience and proficiency planning, developing, and maintaining web sites and back-end systems.
- Substantial experience with PHP; Drupal experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with XML, XSLT, Solr, and Fedora Commons desirable.
- Experience developing web applications using APIs and web services.
- Familiarity with TEI & common metadata standards (e.g., MODS, Dublin Core) desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully as part of a distributed team.